Now that we are all at home so much more the importance of task lighting during the day has become a focus. The right light can boost your productivity and even more importantly, your mood.
LED (or light emitting diode) is the newest concept in lighting technology and it's evolving FAST!
Switching over to Led will cut your energy bills and slash your carbon footprint but take care, not all LED are equal!
We’ve tried everything the market has to offer so you don’t have to. Each product we work with has been tested in store and in our own homes so we know it’s the best!
One of our top rated lightbulbs is dimmable, has a 10-12 year lifetime, uses 90% less energy than a traditional incandescent, has a Colour Rendering Index score of 95 and 2500 kelvin making it THE BEST for reading, working and all round warm natural light!
Tala LED were designed by a group of Edinburgh university students as a product design project. They miniaturised the driver to make the overall height of the bulb the same as an incandescent bulb while allowing for dimmability. The height of other LED’s has been an issue aesthetically because the addition of a driver would often make the top of the bulb higher than a lampshade or lower than the rim of a pendant and the white plastic housing around the driver is so unattractive, particularly on chandeliers and wall lights without shades.
Tala LED’s eco credentials couldn’t be better. The product alone is a great way to cut your carbon footprint but the company hasn’t stopped there. Tala have committed to a worldwide reforestation initiative planting 10 trees for every 200 units sold and they’re not stopping there, here’s an extract for Tala’s own website;
If every one of the 25 million households in the UK replaced just 1 incandescent bulb with a Tala Globe, the effects on the planet would be huge.*
– Nearly 7.5 million metric tons of carbon emissions would be prevented from energy savings over the bulb’s lifetime
– We would plant 1.5 million trees in the Khasi Hills, which would absorb up to 350,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide over 20 years of growth
That’s equivalent to taking 3.3 million passenger vehicles off the road for a whole year.**
Now, imagine the impact you could have if you switched your whole home to Tala.
So what are you waiting for?
To help you get started on your switch to LED we have a “Buy one, get one 1/2 price” offer on all lightbulbs.
Let’s start saving money and saving the planet today!
* Calculations based on the following assumptions:
– Lights are switched on for 6 hrs per day, 7 days per week, 52 weeks per year
– 0.28307 kgCO2/kWh emissions factor
**In the UK, average vehicle drives 8,000 miles per year (source)
– Average passenger vehicle emits 2.35 metric tons CO2e when driven 8,000 miles (source)
– 7,430,587.50 + 350,000 (total CO2e savings from bulbs and trees in metric tons) / 2.35 metric tons CO2e per car per year = 3,310,888.30 cars driven for one year